What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

UPS recycling

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Wow, seems like this is a common practice eh! Im glad I kept it.. Just a matter of sourcing a good priced cell.. awesome... thanks for the input guys..
While im on the subject though, I remember my boss getting these units about 3 years ago.. is this their typical life span ?

Yeah, I have a few 'garbage' ones that work didnt want any more. I think a lot of people dont realize this...

I havnt timed it but I know I replaced them shortly after moving out here in 2017, and I just replaced them before xmas, so your 3 year timeframe (depending on use) seems about right.

JD

Staff member
UPS Battery Center has a lot on Amazon with free shipping, though sometimes still need to go to their site directly. Shipping isn't too bad though. No complaints with them.

danmitch1

Seems like a short life span. I wonder if they last longer if they actually get used as apposed to just sitting there plugged in waiting for a power outage.. power interruptions here are few and far between.

FreeKnight

Battery World here is Edmonton is where I buy all my replacement UPS batteries. Plop the battery on the counter and they go grab the right one off the shelf.

Like others have mentioned just need to find the right supplier. The last one I "refurbished" was even an upgrade the newer batteries were actually higher Ah capacity (not by much but still).
I completely forgot about that place, I'll have to remember them when my backup finally dies.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Seems like a short life span. I wonder if they last longer if they actually get used as apposed to just sitting there plugged in waiting for a power outage.. power interruptions here are few and far between.
Correct. SLA's normally would last way longer than this, but they like being used and abused to be honest. Most cars are (were) SLA's, but some have started moving away from them.

I completely forgot about that place, I'll have to remember them when my backup finally dies.
Yep, Battery World is the best battery store in Edmonton IMO. They give a lot of discounts out too if you ask. I think our military cost on these batteries is $18 each.

Entz

Those appear to be 12v 9AH, so depending on the place yeah around $30 ( UB1290, MV SLA12-9 etc).

danmitch1

Aha! crazy eh, my boss just purchased a completely new unit ~180$ + tax instead of replacing the battery.. 🏆

Entz

The BX1500M is showing its needs a APCRBC124 not the RBC17 so its 2 batteries in a carrier. The only thing to confirm is you can get the batteries out of the carrier so you can re-use it. The batteries are nothing special though.

Latest posts

Twitter