What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Usability of WD SE drives standalone

bissa

I'm looking at getting some new hard drives. I want to be able to use at least one of them for running Virtual Machines and games off of, so I was looking at the WD blacks when I saw the SE series was about the same cost for the volume.

I took a look at some benchmarks, and it seems that the SE has better read write times, the latency is a little higher. overall it seems to be a be a better option.

Anyone know if it would be a reasonable option to use as a standalone drive?

in case anyone is interested, here's the review WD Se 4TB Enterprise Hard Drive Review ? Techgage

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Looks like the differance wouldn't be that noticeable but from my Experience with Wd Black drives they were really fast for mechanical drives.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I tried putting couple 1TB wd black drives in a Qnap And one died within 2 months of intense streaming. That usually means the drive woulda failed regardless as I still have the other 1Tb drive fir drive images.

Latest posts