What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

usb 3.0 internal/front - Bitfenix raider - quick question

genericllama

I was looking into the Bitfenix Raider for a potential build (helping my father put a pc together), and i really like that it has 4 usb 3.0s ports on the front of the case. Most motherboards however only an internal connector for two usb 3.0 ports (at least of what I've looked at).

Assuming i were to get a mobo with the internal connector for two usb 3.0 ports, would that imply that all four front ports on the bitfenix raider will work (at the max speed of two usb 3.0 - like a usb hub)? or will that likely cause compatibility issues?

edit: looking into it, I've come to the conclusion that you cannot purchase a Y spliter for the internal connections. Looks like either two usb ports will just be off or may just have to solder up a homemade cable for testing purposes

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

usb3-Apinout-600.jpg

man is see trouble coming for usb 2 is same connection that will fit an short out your usb 3 port

what are they thinking should be a different or keyed connection to prevent mistakes of mix up like firewire has a angle on one end if was me i'd paint frame usb ports brite yellow to mark them

g
Connectors_USB3_USB2_IMGP6406_wp.jpg

Latest posts