What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

USB-C powerbanks to Tip Barrel @ 12V

justmehereajax

I am interested in using my older HP Windows tablet. It uses 12V @ 1.5A to charge.

The tablet is a HP ProTablet G1 610 with Atom x4, 2gb ram and 32 gb emmc. It is OK and runs Windows 10 fine for doing YouTubing and general browsing. Office too.

I don’t want to carry around its AC adapter. Will a USB C power bank with a USB-C to barrel adapter power it up?

I see cables converting USB to barrel tips on Amazon and eBay. All USB power banks can provide 12V. Will it work as I want?

All I would need is a USB C power bank and USB C to Tip barrel cable and the small tip adapter for the tablet.

There is a cheap USB power bank on Amazon for $20 bucks that has good reviews and says it does 9-12V @ 1.5A https://www.amazon.ca/GETIHU-Portable-10000mAh-Delivery-Compatible/dp/B07HRJGKJ9/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=USB+c+power&qid=1560011779&s=gateway&sr=8-3

justmehereajax

I want to use my HP windows tablet because I would like to use Windows for teamviewer and native 5 button mouse support. it has a massive 8100mah battery but is getting old and less holding charge.... So I need a power bank. it would be nice. I think it is impossible to replace the battery in it too.

But I hear my ipad will become more usable in the future is iPadOS being more laptop like. and will support mice in the future with new iPadOS.

I don’t want to waste any money .... I will just get a newer power bank with USB c and try it out for giggles... wont cost much

supaflyx3

It won't work. A power bank won't output 12v unless a device calls for it via USB-PD or quick charge 3.0, your tablet supports neither. You'll need a power bank that has 12v out (doubt there are any) or one with a nema 5-15 socket and adapt it with the charger that came with the tablet.

justmehereajax

It won't work. A power bank won't output 12v unless a device calls for it via USB-PD or quick charge 3.0, your tablet supports neither. You'll need a power bank that has 12v out (doubt there are any) or one with a nema 5-15 socket and adapt it with the charger that came with the tablet.
I figured it out already .... the second post

supaflyx3

Ah missed that, yeah that should work then. I have something similar that converts QC3.0 to dash charge

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter