What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

USB-C powerbanks to Tip Barrel @ 12V

justmehereajax

I am interested in using my older HP Windows tablet. It uses 12V @ 1.5A to charge.

The tablet is a HP ProTablet G1 610 with Atom x4, 2gb ram and 32 gb emmc. It is OK and runs Windows 10 fine for doing YouTubing and general browsing. Office too.

I don’t want to carry around its AC adapter. Will a USB C power bank with a USB-C to barrel adapter power it up?

I see cables converting USB to barrel tips on Amazon and eBay. All USB power banks can provide 12V. Will it work as I want?

All I would need is a USB C power bank and USB C to Tip barrel cable and the small tip adapter for the tablet.

There is a cheap USB power bank on Amazon for $20 bucks that has good reviews and says it does 9-12V @ 1.5A https://www.amazon.ca/GETIHU-Portable-10000mAh-Delivery-Compatible/dp/B07HRJGKJ9/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=USB+c+power&qid=1560011779&s=gateway&sr=8-3

justmehereajax

I want to use my HP windows tablet because I would like to use Windows for teamviewer and native 5 button mouse support. it has a massive 8100mah battery but is getting old and less holding charge.... So I need a power bank. it would be nice. I think it is impossible to replace the battery in it too.

But I hear my ipad will become more usable in the future is iPadOS being more laptop like. and will support mice in the future with new iPadOS.

I don’t want to waste any money .... I will just get a newer power bank with USB c and try it out for giggles... wont cost much

supaflyx3

It won't work. A power bank won't output 12v unless a device calls for it via USB-PD or quick charge 3.0, your tablet supports neither. You'll need a power bank that has 12v out (doubt there are any) or one with a nema 5-15 socket and adapt it with the charger that came with the tablet.

justmehereajax

It won't work. A power bank won't output 12v unless a device calls for it via USB-PD or quick charge 3.0, your tablet supports neither. You'll need a power bank that has 12v out (doubt there are any) or one with a nema 5-15 socket and adapt it with the charger that came with the tablet.
I figured it out already .... the second post

supaflyx3

Ah missed that, yeah that should work then. I have something similar that converts QC3.0 to dash charge

Latest posts

Twitter