What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

USB power although computer is turned off

Ed103194

Hi, i've got an asus p8p67 le board, and there are still lights from my mouse and keyboard although the computer is turned off, anyone know of a possible bios setting that may be causing this?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

SugarJ

Staff member
Lots of boards have a USB charge setting now, so you can charge your phone even though your computer is off.

Dragonstongue

my keyboard does not stay lit when powered down, but all my USB ports do, they also did with my previous build, it might be a "pass through" type power thing. I know my brothers computer is the same.

frontier204

Do you have a USB hub lying around? Try connecting the mouse through it and see if it still gets power. I know my D-Link USB hub, whether you connect external power or not, doesn't power devices unless it thinks it's connected to a responsive computer.
(As with a lot of USB thingies, the spec is loosely followed so I'm not sure what your result will be.)

Latest posts

Twitter