What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

USB power Question

enzeo

Hi guys,
I have a pretty new machine here with P5K (vanilla) mobo + OCZ 600W set up, I just noticed that my external HD (laptop drive in a external case with no external power supply. it draws its power completely from a single USB cord) remains powered ON after I had shut the machine down. Is there an option in the BIOS or windows to power down the USB ports when computer is shut down?

Thanks in advance

JD

Staff member
I believe it's a jumper on the motherboard to enable or disable power on the USB ports.

sswilson

Staff member
If the "wake from sleep" 5V usb jumpers don't do the trick it might be a bios issue.

I've had a few boards in the past which would leave the optical mouse lit up after being shut down..... took a bios update to fix it.

enzeo

thank guys, i will look into the jump configuration and see if that solves it.

G

If the "wake from sleep" 5V usb jumpers don't do the trick it might be a bios issue.

I've had a few boards in the past which would leave the optical mouse lit up after being shut down..... took a bios update to fix it.
Same my old k7 gigabyte mobo , was like that( I forget the model# 400-l?)never did get it fixed, sold off the board.

Latest posts