What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Usb type c corsair 1000D

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Looking for a card that can connect my case USB type c cables to so both the front panel and Io USB type c function atm the Apex and the Gigabyte board only has 1 port for USB type c.

Is there such a pcie addin card that can make both front and rear Type c ports function?

I don't want the ports on card to be at back need a card that can accept the cases internal type c cable.

moocow

Not that I can find. Most of them are rear USB 3.0 A and USB 3.1 C but the internal header is the older 20 pin for USB 3.0. Another thing I found is a USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 internal header converter but I suspect you will be capped at USB 3.0 speed.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Dang Then It's Not Just me lol I couldn't find any either maybe next gen boards will have 2 internal headers for USB type c connectors.

rjbarker

That 1000D is one nice case....seriously considering a swap 900D to 1000D ......but its even bigger !!!!

dustin1706

Rocking a 1000D single system as well and researched this thoroughly as my Mobo also only has a single USB-C header. Gets a bit infuriating to research as there seems to be confusion even from manufacturers on USB 3.0 vs USB 3.1 vs USB 3.1 Gen 2.

There apparently does exist a card from a German company called a "Delock 89906" but I couldn't actually find it anywhere to purchase one.
The other option is to use a USB 3.0 to 3.1 converter ( or USB 3.1 G1 to USB 3.1 G2, whatever) Obviously you'd be limited to the lower rate, but at least the port would be functional. They were out of stock for a long time or I'd have tried one, but I see they're finally back in. https://www.moddiy.com/products/Mot...New-USB-3.1-Front-Panel-Header-Converter.html

Oh, and yeah, the 1000D Dwarfs the 800D I had my last system in.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Found a solution

Thanks to guys over at mod DIY I found a way to make this work. Finn thing is Rj I bought the 900D then 3 days later this was available on Amazon for $619 I shipped the 900D back bought is beautiful beast.
Works
Clean