What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

used 3090 or next gen?

Coach

I need some opinions here. 3090 for $950 or wait for new cards from Nvidia/AMD. I am running 4k, I do not game like I used to, getting too old maybe but I still get the itch for new hardware so to speak. I told myself that once mining tanked and cards were available I would snag one. I am not looking to spend more than a grand on a card. Ideally a 3090/ti FE would be nice.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Based off what I've seen out there for info about the 4000 series performance, power consumtion, and their MSRP?

Used 3090.

Dwayne

My opinion would be to wait and see how the new tech shapes up and then using you $1000 benchmark purchase the best bang for your buck. Who knows what the new Nvidia and AMD cards will look like at that price point? If you waited this long, may as well check to see the newest offerings, and if their performance at $1k is better than a 3090 at $1K then you are golden.

clshades

I think the 3xxx series, ignoring all the early nonsense, is shaping up to be one of those epic cards people get lots of life out of.

I'd definately grab a 3090 and not think twice about.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I wouldn't be putting the money into a 4XXX series card, personally.

Now that Mining on cards is freefalling, getting a good deal on a 3090 would be a sweet spot.

-ST

ipaine

I'm with Dwayne, I would wait just a little bit longer if you can. See what AMD shows and ideally wait for real world testing and reviews of the 40 series/7000 series.

Then take that $1k and figure out what will get you the most bang for your buck at that point. If I was looking to buy that is what I would do.

clshades

I think the 4000 series is gonna be a complete joke and put more value back onto the 3xxx cards honestly. Look at where it's going already.

Latest posts