What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

using car stereos aux to play music?

Shadowmeph

ok total noob here my 06 lexus is350 uses cds but in the console it have AUX plugin I go have a general idea on how to use this I have looked at this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MSUWCZ0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2UM0X40UXSI2V&psc=1 not sure if there is a simpler way to do this with out . the reason why i was looking at this was suggested from a person on youtube that has the same car and this has the ground filter to get rid of any alternator whine which I never knew still existed in car stereos

sswilson

Staff member
I've been using that specific unit for 4+ years and can't say enough good things about it. :)

Audio is great, never had an issue connecting to my android phone, and Android auto has an option that allows it to auto-launch when specific bluetooth devices are turned on/connected.

IIRC, the only thing I had issues with was the lighter USB thingy.... pretty sure it either kept working it's way out of the socket, or it wasn't holding the USB well enough so I ended up replacing it.

edit: I fibbed a little bit.... it was closer to 3 years as opposed to 4. I bought it back in August 2018.

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

I've been using that specific unit for 4+ years and can't say enough good things about it. :)

Audio is great, never had an issue connecting to my android phone, and Android auto has an option that allows it to auto-launch when specific bluetooth devices are turned on/connected.

IIRC, the only thing I had issues with was the lighter USB thingy.... pretty sure it either kept working it's way out of the socket, or it wasn't holding the USB well enough so I ended up replacing it.

edit: I fibbed a little bit.... it was closer to 3 years as opposed to 4. I bought it back in August 2018.
ok cool I have been holding off in picking one up for about a week

sswilson

Staff member
The only thing you have to remember is to disconnect the bluetooth when you're leaving the car otherwise you'll get a call but the audio will be going through the car.... :)

(I never had much luck with the supposed "turns on with your car" feature.... I just manually power on and power off via the button when I enter/leave the car).

Izerous

Folding Team
If it has aux input easier to just use double male headphone jack (if your phone even has one anymore)

Shadowmeph

If it has aux input easier to just use double male headphone jack (if your phone even has one anymore)
I was actually thinking this before but I am wondering about whining from alternator I know many years ago most cars had a ground issue so when putting say a new stereo in them you could hear sparkplug noise and whining from the alternator

Shadowmeph

wow so I found my old cable ( its like 10 ft long hehe) and this works great I just not sure if I should download a player for my phone . I only drag and drop music onto my phone not sure if any different players would do any better

Shadowmeph

When I do this in my car I get horrendous scratchy feedback from the connections not being tight enough.
I noticed that the one end of the cable is a little old because if I wiggle it slightly it will pause the song I tested to see if it was the cable but plugging in head phones doing the same thing and it doesn't happen. I have had that cable since the VGA only days

great_big_abyss

I went to plug my phone into the AUX jack when I took my beater Civic on a little road trip the other day. Only to realize that my new phone doesn't have a headphone jack. Denied! Radio it was.

Latest posts

Twitter