What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vancouver Canucks...

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Gillis did the only thing he could do. No one wanted Loungo. They needed the cap room to make other changes.

proxy

From my view it was a solid trade. High 1st round pick in a very deep draft for an unproven goaltender with less than 100 games in the NHL, and sub 30 starts in a season. Sure he has lots of potential, but potential doesn't always pan out.

The mistake Gillis seemed to make was in immediately wasting that pick on Bo Horvat when much better prospects seemed to be on the board, but then again I liked Nichushkin at 9th so what do I know.

crazyhorsejohnny

Gillis did the only thing he could do. No one wanted Loungo. They needed the cap room to make other changes.

Not exactly true. Leafs tried their darnest to get him last year and this year but Luongo has a no trade and the only team he wants to go to is Florida.

Gillis makes GM in Calgary look good.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Luongo gets traded back to Florida for a prospect goalie and a 3rd line center? WTF? This is after trading Schneider for a pick that couldn't even crack the team this year. Wow. Gillis has to go.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I'm quite surprised myself. Who is the first string goalie now?

Heck, what about Florida? Luongo and Thomas? That's going to be an interesting team.....a primadona and a Southern big mouth.

ipaine

First string goalie? Gillis is a complete fool and this trade just proves it. We go from having two of the top goalies in the league to having none in half a season. And what did we gain? Not a damn thing

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm quite surprised myself. Who is the first string goalie now?

Eddie Lack. First full season in the NHL, started about 20 games total. Next trade to be announced, Kesler for a bag of pucks? :doh:

ilya

I think Canucks management has simply overreacted to the bad media surrounding the team. They're pretty much going all out and trying to SELL SELL SELL everything they can at this point.

If they were calmer and smarter they could have milked the 2011 team for many years in the same way the Mats Sundin Leafs made Toronto management filthy rich.

Latest posts

Twitter