What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ventrilo Normalization

Jonesy

Below are some settings which, when used will have nearly everyone being transmitted at the same volume. This will prevent you from having to manually adjust volume properties on a per person basis. It isn't perfect, and those that were super quiet will still be the lowest voice coming through, but it will make it easier to hear them.

I have used these settings for years and it is defiantly worth applying. I had not set it up on my new computer, and when I jumped into the vent we have setup, it was painful. I highly recommend these settings.

Go to Setup
Enable Direct Sound
Select the SFX Button
Select Compressor and click Add.
Under Compressor Properties use the following settings:
Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)
Attack = 0.01
Release = Around 500
Threshold = Around -30
Ratio = 100
Pre delay = 4.0

edit: Fixed Bellow, made it Below

Last edited:

Jonesy

Was the use of the word "bellow" a freudian slip?
Fixed =P Coffee had not yet fully kicked in when I posted that lol
Also, not a Freudian slip, simply 1 extra L. I can't say I was subconsciously thinking about blowing air at something

Perineum

I meant "bellow" as in yelling, not the type of "bellow" you use to stoke a fire.

So that's what I meant by the freudian slip.

Jonesy

I meant "bellow" as in yelling, not the type of "bellow" you use to stoke a fire.

So that's what I meant by the freudian slip.
wow, I hadn't even thought of that type of bellow...I suppose the coffee still hasn't kicked in :doh: