What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vert. GPU case that isnt terrible

Shadowarez

Folding Team
The GPU doesn't interfere with the AIO least didn't in my build. The the build inside here it blasted out the side 👍

JD

Staff member
And unless you have a blower or water cooling for your gpu, it's dumping heat towards the glass, away from airflow.
Hmm? Even cards with triple fans on them, they are still pushing air into the heatsink, they aren't pulling it out. The air should be forced out the vent by the IO ports. I'm sure some "leaks" as that vent is obviously not an adequate size, but it would still rise as heat naturally does. I don't see how it would be dumping heat towards the glass/side panel.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Hmm? Even cards with triple fans on them, they are still pushing air into the heatsink, they aren't pulling it out. The air should be forced out the vent by the IO ports. I'm sure some "leaks" as that vent is obviously not an adequate size, but it would still rise as heat naturally does. I don't see how it would be dumping heat towards the glass/side panel.

I was under the assumption that most current GPUs, if they are Not obviously blower -style, have the fins of the heatsink pointing so that Heat is dumped out of the "top" long edge or both long edges (dumping heat out directly along the pcie slot).
Is my assumption wrong? Have I just had bad luck in the sense of always having gpus that have the air exiting the long edges?
🤔

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Depends on the card and which way the fins go I suppose. Either way, in a vertical orientation (chimney style), the heat is going to rise, and the case has a fan above & below to assist in that. I don't see how heat would be trapped.

Even the ones where it's parallel to the motherboard, those cases usually have a bunch of fans right below that are going to be forcing the air upwards too. But it'll be too far from the top exhaust fans to really create an air stream over the card.

Latest posts