What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video Artifacts

Mishtar

So I cannot post a screen shot until I get home next weekend but when I got back from Vacation last Sunday I bought CS Global Offensive and tried playing it but I had weird rubber banding even though my ping was low. Then I loaded up Aion which I play a lot and I had artifacts all over the place, lasers shooting out of peoples heads and walls where there were no walls.

Any chance this could be anything other then my 3 month old R9 290 Vapor-x GPU? I have nopt over clocked it and it was perfectly fine before I went on vacation.

Thank you.

clshades

bad drivers maybe... or some graphics mod for another game screwing with the textures etc.

Mishtar

But here is the thing, I came home from my last vacation and turned on my computer and it has been acting like this since then. I did check for the latest AMD drivers but from what I can see they have not put out new ones since March. So my drivers are the same. I also tried AC IV black flag and that game has artifacts as well.

Mishtar

Thanks for the help guys, turns out what I did was I let the Catalyst controller do a autoupdate and it was updating to the wrong driver. I went to the site and downloaded the one that I knew was for my GPU and it solved the issues.