What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video Card Artifacting, but not the VC???

Starkness

Hi,

Here is the system:

P5B PLus
E6600
TRUE with Yate-Loon
Antec TP2 450
OCZ 2gb Platinums
2 Seagate 320's in Raid 1
8600gt then 8800gt

First, nothing is overclocked.

OK, so I was artifacting with the 8600gt in games like Civ4 so I grabbed an eVGA 8800gt from Futureshop last night for $119, how could I resist, and I figured it would solve the problem. It didn't still artifacting.

Next, I swapped in a Corsair 620hx, and that didn't solve the problem.

Then I ran memtest for 10 hours, no errors.

I am at a loss now, what next?

There is no way I have two bad videocards, in fact I don't as they both run great in my own system, and the Corsair is perfect as it came out of my own system.

Any ideas where to go next in my pursuit of the ability to run Civ4??!!!

Thank you. :biggrin:

Starkness

No, it is everything, Civ4 is just a pretty simple graphical game that the 8600gt should run like a dream. It is also HL2, TF2, Diablo2, and Supreme Commander which came with the 8600gt, all on the lowest graphical settings.

Any ideas?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Does it do this with all driver versions?
Too bad your mobo only has 1 pci-x slot.
I'd suggest flashing your mobo's bios with the latest. A new one was released on the 5th for your mobo.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

And trying a fresh OS install.

Starkness

ok, will look at the new bios, a quick question, will the bios update reset all my bios settings?? or keep them in place?

Thanks.:biggrin:

Bapadaboopy

Also heat can cause artifacting. Check what temps your cards are at. If your case as little or no airflow that can be a huge factor.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
You'll probably have to redo them. Make notes first. And if the board won't boot after flash, clr_cmos is your friend.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The flash will reset your settings. I think you want that in case it is something screwy with the settings anyways.

Starkness

Before I do the flash could it be something I set wrong in the bios? I have it set to PEG/PCI, should it be PCI/PEG? also the aperature is 64 should it be larger?

Just grasping at straws, bios' I always find confusing. :)

Latest posts