What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video card driver keeps crashing

Spitfire

Everything was working fine even with the OC I applied to it (shown in signature) until about a week ago. Now whenever I game the driver will crash randomly even at stock settings. I've tried re-installing the driver and using Driver Sweeper to clean out any old Nvidia files left behind but I've had no luck. The driver I'm currently using is 260.99.

If I was to revert back to an older driver version, what would you recommend? I haven't really been keeping up with Nvidia's drivers as I just got this card last month and my previous card was a GTX 275.

Hopefully it's just a driver problem and I won't have to RMA the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - Complete specs of computer are in my signature.

_dangtx_

Banned
hold on a sec. anything 3d related crashes? furmark too?

hows temps? all the plugs are properly,err,plugged in?

when you wipe the drivers you do it in safe mode, you've done that right?

whatever from before that officially supports your card.

if all fails, drop ubuntu and run 3dgears. if that fails as well, and youve reseated the card, and it doesnt overheat or anything, and the pci-e slot on the mobo is good, dont look good

Spitfire

hold on a sec. anything 3d related crashes? furmark too?
Yes anything that causes the card to ramp up to 3D speeds.

hows temps? all the plugs are properly,err,plugged in?
Temps are fine, I used MSI Afterburner for a more aggressive fan profile so temps never rise about 80. Every thing is plugged in as well.

when you wipe the drivers you do it in safe mode, you've done that right?
Yep.

whatever from before that officially supports your card.

if all fails, drop ubuntu and run 3dgears. if that fails as well, and youve reseated the card, and it doesnt overheat or anything, and the pci-e slot on the mobo is good, dont look good
Will give that a try when I have free time.

ZZLEE

By chance are you running WIN 7 64 and AVG 2011 ?

KNown issus right now.

Spitfire

By chance are you running WIN 7 64 and AVG 2011 ?

KNown issus right now.
Nah.

Well I uninstalled the Nvidia HD Driver and the card seems to be stable in Kombustor so far. Will try and play a few games and see if there are any more driver crashes.

Twitter