What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

video card grinding noise?

kee23

hello,
i have a gtx 560 ti twin frozor 2 and for some reason, it started to make some very weird fan noise when I start my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, and then it returns back to normal fan noise for few minutes later.There's nothing wrong with performance, it just makes loud noise that it annoys me a lot every time I start the computer.

I found this out by touching one of the video card fans when it was making sound and the noise stopped.

I also cleaned the dust too and still made noise.

Does this mean that I need to replace my video card for a new one? Because it never happened before for 1st year use.

I need some suggestions.

KaptCrunch

replace fan or lube it sounds bearings are worn out

peel back sticker on backside of fan to get at bearing

enaberif

hello,
i have a gtx 560 ti twin frozor 2 and for some reason, it started to make some very weird fan noise when I start my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, and then it returns back to normal fan noise for few minutes later.There's nothing wrong with performance, it just makes loud noise that it annoys me a lot every time I start the computer.

I found this out by touching one of the video card fans when it was making sound and the noise stopped.

I also cleaned the dust too and still made noise.

Does this mean that I need to replace my video card for a new one? Because it never happened before for 1st year use.

I need some suggestions.

Those cards are notoroious for fan failures. Sounds like yours is happening too. Time for a RMA if you can.

mkultra

aftermarket fan, fan replacement, new card, either way don't wait for the fan to completely fail

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter