What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video card on secondary loop

sbug206

I have a modified AIO using a Swiftech H220X that's been expanded with a 360mm Alphacool with push/pull fans.
I'm thinking off adding watercooling to the video card but instead of daisy chaining with the cpu, I was going to
create a secondary loop using a EK Quantum TBE 200 D5 pump/res. The cpu loop would be augmented going into
the D5 through the top and then through one of the outlets. I would add the video card as a second inlet through
the top and then out through the other outlet port. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I just don't want to have
to unmount my cpu if I change the video card. Ideally I should use disconnects but $100 to buy 2 pairs is too much.

clshades

what size pipe are you running? I might have a couple spare QDC. I haven't looked at my fitting box in a few years so I'm not 100% I've always cooled my cpu 1st then the video card as the video card is hotter. You are right though. Having the tubing to the video card easily removeable is very handy.

sbug206

The tubing is 3/8, 5/8. I'm not sure which one is first matters. I've seen videos that say the whole system just equalizes.

Twitter