What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video driver crashing issues?

sincity

Hey guys,

Not sure what's causing this, Im thinking it might be the latest nvidia driver 344.60? I have a brand new gigabyte gtx 980 g1 I just installed fresh Win7 on brand new ssd yesterday. My PC is normally rock solid stable (I'm still using a few years old 2600K with Asus Maximus IV Extreme mobo).

I noticed the video drivers frequently crashes and everytime it does it messes up my VMware virtual machines and needs restarting, I had a zotac gtx 980 in the system few days ago and it was happening still so I doubt its the GPU at this point and the OS is fresh.

Any ideas what's causing this? I came back home yesterday and the system was black screen frozen with no errors.

sswilson

Staff member
You're not running winX are you? I'm running AMD on my winX machine so I'm not really in the loop but I've seen a few rumblings WRT Nvidia's latest offering when it comes to winX.

sincity

I'm running Displayfusion for multiple monitor I noticed even typing is not fluid the characters take a bit to pop. Really wondering whats going on.

I also noticed often when Im coming in & out with teamviewer from my samsung galaxy mobile to check on my VM's, recently the VM in my 2nd monitor will come out from fullscreen and come back on the main display which is probably due to a driver crash making apps refresh.

The worst is that its intermittent

Last edited:

c3p0

Do you run the drivers from nvidia or the drivers from gigabyte? It could be that the nvidia one is not supported by your card.

Direct from nvidia
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

From Gigabyte. While they offer only the 344.11 driver.
GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 900 Series - GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD (rev. 1.0/1.1)

You should uninstall your current one try the one direct from gigabyte. If it works turn autoupdate off and wait for a never release.

sincity

Do you run the drivers from nvidia or the drivers from gigabyte? It could be that the nvidia one is not supported by your card.

Direct from nvidia
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

From Gigabyte. While they offer only the 344.11 driver.
GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 900 Series - GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD (rev. 1.0/1.1)

You should uninstall your current one try the one direct from gigabyte. If it works turn autoupdate off and wait for a never release.
Funny you mention that, its what I ended up doing earlier I went with 344.11 from nvidia, so far so good I'll see how it goes.

I hadnt found the driver on gigabyte site they were trying to re-direct me to nvidia earlier, good find there hehe

c3p0

Funny you mention that, its what I ended up doing earlier I went with 344.11 from nvidia, so far so good I'll see how it goes.

I hadnt found the driver on gigabyte site they were trying to re-direct me to nvidia earlier, good find there hehe
Yeah they tryed the same on me. Blocked these perky boys with noscript :ph34r: Not sure what they are hideing. Maybe open beta test with drivers again. I quess they will adress this issues in a future release. Can be expected from a card that just hit the market.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter