What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Video Driver Stops Responding

vintank

Website
www.kahnoleary.com
Having a really weird issue with my 8800GTS 512, every know and again the video driver will stop responding, the system recovers from it after a few seconds. I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit with the latest drivers installed. I can't find any conflicts anywhere and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 4 times now.

Is this an issue with the video card or should I be looking at other parts in my system?

Does anyone else have this happening at all?

yycraven

Did you try using Riva turner to control your fan speed. That was happening to me with my 8800GT 512 card for a while, then I got Riva turner and have not had a problem since.

CanadaRox

I've had this problem off and on with my 8800GTX since Vista first came out. The two ways that I found fixed it were, first update the drivers. If that didn't work I would completely uninstall all nVidia related drivers, and install an older version. Next I would try the newest beta drivers, or some XG drivers from TWeaKFoRCe.CoM your source for the latest Video Drivers. The majority of the time, the solution would work for a few days, then randomly error. Some fixes would work only for DirectX, and OpenGL would crash within 5 minutes. The only way I ever could get it working would be to reinstall Vista. There are tons of threads about this error all over the web with even more possible solutions. None ever seemed to work for me, though other people reported that they worked perfectly. So they are worth trying as well. Good luck with the errors. Hopefully you have more success than I ever did.

Eldonko

I had the same under XP, but that was because my oc was too high. I would say try different drivers if you get it at stock.

Scratch

I was playing the Conan tech beta on Sunday and experienced the same thing. As a matter of fact it totally screwed my pc and I uninstalled the driver, ran drive cleaner all to no avail until I actually removed the two cards (SLI) and switched them around then reinstalled the driver...so I have no idea what actually caused it, why it continued happening after the game, or why it rectified itself after switching the cards up :shok:

O

Latest posts

Twitter