What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Videocardz leaks RTX reviewer guide numbers

sswilson

Staff member
I'll hold off on forming an opinion until we see some launch day release numbers, but the one really interesting leak/rumour I've come across is that the 2080 might be a 4K/60FPS card even without using Nvidia's proprietary code. That'd be a (pun intended) game changer even with elevated pricing.

Bond007

The info released on core structure has me intrigued. 1080Ti and 1070 have a similar layout (but halved for the 1070) and a different structure on the 1080. I wonder how those differences will affect performance in various areas (obviously one setup is going to work better in certain things as far as performance efficiency goes....gaming?raytracing?other?). On paper it still doesn't look like much of a gain (if any) per $...we will have to wait for reviews to see how it plays out in the real world.

Raytracing seems great in theory, but I think it's going to be a few years (if at all) before that could actually drive me to a card supporting it.

MARSTG

Raytracing seems great in theory, but I think it's going to be a few years (if at all) before that could actually drive me to a card supporting it.
I think the situation is comparable to the introduction of the first Geforce generation that introduced Transform&Lighting, it took a few gpu generations to see more games offering the feature.

MARSTG

From what i can see in the tests, the 1080 ti is already doing 60 FPS @ 4K, so why would guys even complicate your lives with RTX?

Dwayne

From what i can see in the tests, the 1080 ti is already doing 60 FPS @ 4K, so why would guys even complicate your lives with RTX?
Why does someone want a Ferrari when a Ford Focus can do the speed limit as well? :)

ipaine

Thing is it only can do that on some and it struggles once you turn up the eye candy. Yes if you have a g-sync display you will be fine most of the time as it will still feel smooth when you are 45-60fps which is more realistic for the 1080ti.

If those numbers are roughly the kind of improvement then I can say that for anyone with a 1080ti it is not worth the huge cost to move to the 2080ti. Then again if you got the cash, why not.