What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Viewsonic releases the XG2431 gaming monitor with world first specs

Mr. Friendly

240Hz refresh, which isn't the highest so definitely not a first, and has the Blur Busters 2.0 certification, which when combined, is a world first.

I've NEVER heard of 'Blur Busters' before, so did a quick Google on what it and it's v2.0 means and...from what I read, they 'tune' monitors for brands, in competition with AMD's FreeSync and Nvidia's G-Sync and they boast their stuff is superior to even Nvidia's ULMB. they are 'experts' in Quick Frame Transport technologies and their product can work at reducing motion blur from 60Hz to 360Hz with customization options available for higher refresh rates.

I'm not sure what that all means though...

is it a third competitor to FreeSync / G-Sync or is it trying to provide another way to have better imaging?

Vittra

VRR/Freesync/Gsync are methods of addressing image tearing by syncing frames between panel and gpu.

What they are talking about is blur reduction techniques to reduce perceived blur - this has always been a major pain point of "sample and hold" style displays. Nvidia calls their specific tech ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), various brands have marketing names for their own implementations - the big one for FPS focused people is actually DyAC on the Zowie XL2546

The BlurBusters site is sort of a mess to navigate though, this would be the "primer" article before you start reading about any specific work they are doing regarding working with manufacturers.

Latest posts

Twitter