What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Virus Woes

Kayen

Was on 780tuners.com
facebook, and msn and youtube.

file:///C:/Users/Kayen/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngAnd then i got swarmed by a bunch of shit.

and now virus.
Can't open exe's

Pix to follow. I had to send it to someone on msn, waiting for send back.

AND BS Antivirus software.
So i can't open anything .

burebista

Do what Jake_HT told you and you should be OK.
But that's why "classic" AV's are useless. Do yourself a favor and use a firewall and a HIPS doubled by Firefox + NoScript and AdBlock.
Or use Sandboxie for browsing.

Perineum

Sounds like "Antivirus 2009/2010/2011" to me. If I recall they actually install a sandboxie on your machine and run it from there.

sswilson

Staff member
Sounds like "Antivirus 2009/2010/2011" to me. If I recall they actually install a sandboxie on your machine and run it from there.

All the same crap, different name (security tool seems to be the most popular these days, and you can insert "Vista/XP" in front of the Antiviruus 20XX names that you've mentioned). Hell, there's even one out there calling itself Security essentials, only this one is a "trial version" that wants you to pay for the full version..... ;)

Kayen

well yeah it's some fake av software trying to get me to install their stuff, i actually run AVG free (not that great anymore..)

Kayen

Anywho, problem solved! Thanks guys .

Any firewalls you'd reccomend i run ?

_dangtx_

Banned
no idea on the firewall, was using tiny's before.

av wise, use avira. been good to me, usually.