What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vista Load Error

gsp5322

Good day all,

On my wife's laptop, this error dialogue has begun appearing when Vista is first starting up. I can't find and reference to it online and am quite confused. If it is at all relevant, this began to appear about the same time as we installed Itunes on the system...

A picture of the error is below, but the main points are: RunDLL "Error loading winrrt32.rom"

Thanks for your help,

-Greg

Attachments

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
vista is trying to load a rom file that isn't there. why it would even want to load a rom(read only memory binary file used to flash bios and firmware) file is beyond me. Check in your startup folder and delete any references to it. run regedit and search for winrrt32.rom and delete those keys.

Edit. my opinion is that this is either viral activity or a failed hardware install.

DK2

um, winrrt32.dll is a adware/spyware thing, maybe related???

gsp5322

We have. There were not hits from a deep scan with an updated version of AVG free. I have not yet tried any other anti-virus program.

-Greg

Latest posts

Twitter