What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vista problems.

belgolas

O.k. so why is it not letting me open programs that I have downloaded. It says it doesnèt have a digital signature. Is there a way to bypass this crap.

b1lk1

Vista Ultimate was supposed to be the version doing this. Turn UAC off and see what happens. My present experience with Vista Premium has been excellent. No problems at all, even using non signed drivers.

JD

Staff member
In Vista x64 the only way to disable driver signing enforcement is to hit F8 while booting and choose it (near the bottom of the list). You must do that every boot if you want it disabled. Otherwise unsigned drivers simply don't work.

I always disable UAC. I think I can manage not to open spyware/viruses myself. Not like I've ever gotten either unless I was doing it intentionally to play around.

enaberif

UAC was almost disabled as soon as I had it installed. It is very annoying.

While you can disable UAC its not really worth while to bother aside from removing the popup because you are still only a limited user to the system not a true Admin.

Gamashinoch

I tried adjusting the auto rwin settings in command prompt. To do so i had to be an admin. It kept telling me in command prompt. Disabled UAC+ defender. Voila I had full control of that.

enaberif

I tried adjusting the auto rwin settings in command prompt. To do so i had to be an admin. It kept telling me in command prompt. Disabled UAC+ defender. Voila I had full control of that.

Search for "command" then right click and choose "Run as Admin"

Latest posts