What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

want a 28 core Raspberry Pi?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

check this thing out! takes up to 8 Pi boards!

the downside is you're capped at 8GB of RAM total, so no good getting the top end Pi's with 4GB RAM.

Izerous

Folding Team
lowfat beat me to it about the compute modules. At least the compute units are not impractically priced so this is still an interesting potential setup even if they are a generation behind...

But fully populated at $35/compute unit and $200 for the board add some taxes and shipping and your blowing past $500. Unless i was working on arm server software not something i'd pursue. If I was working on arm based server software well then it would be a good option. Anything else I'd potentially run on it at the moment easily handled by a cheap older nas.

Entz

I do love the concept and it would be fun from a hobby / technical side to learn clustering or save on power bricks but otherwise not really practical. You could just as easily spin up 8 lightweight vms on a cheap desktop platform.

You can never have to many Pi's ... Till you have too many :p

Latest posts