What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want a 3090? Prepare to sell those kidneys.

ipaine

Hardware Canucks have already twitted about it, but didn't see a post yet:

Looking at NewEgg.ca the cheapest 3090 card starts at:

$2099.99 (5 models one from each brand)

And goes up to:

$2499.99 (just FTW3 ultra and ROG strix)

So yea, ouch.

Look I know they are really closer to a production card and have tons of ram, but wow that is just crazy pricey. Don't get me wrong, I still want one, but I also don't want to be kicked out of the house, which I fairly sure would happen if I spent that much on a video card.

Dwayne

Consider the previous RTX Titan card was $2500 USD, that converts according to xe.com to $3350 CDN. A $1500 USD 3090 is $2010 with exchange if bought direct from NVidia. I would consider buying from a US source and brokering the card myself. There is no duty, it is only the taxes to pay, and the Canada Post "don't buy from the US" tax I believe, if somehow they are the ones delivering it.

I am thinking 3080 will be more than enough for 1440p 144hz for most stuff. And I am not worried about 10 GB of VRAM. In a couple of years there will be new cards again, so, meh. I have bought so much tech over the years that I don't sweat the prices and depreciation :) I spent $500 on a 5 1/4" Single Sided Single Density Floppy drive back in the day, and I loved it because it replace a cassette tape drive!

Izerous

Folding Team
It was no secret considering they announced the MSRP in advance

ipaine

Wait hold the press!!!

They are cheaper at Memory Express.

You can now get the cheapest 3090 cards for the low low low price of only $2049.99 yes that's right only $2049.99!!!

Top end $2449.99.

So yea those some huge savings :sneaky:

Edit:

What really gets me is the cost increase amongst brands compared to the 3080. For example evga xc3 gaming and ultra. Only $25 difference with the 3080, but $100 difference with the 3090. Hell the entire product stack with evga. With the 3080 there is only a difference of $110 from bottom to top, that difference is $330 for the 3090, based off of MemEx pricing.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
What really gets me is the cost increase amongst brands compared to the 3080. For example evga xc3 gaming and ultra. Only $25 difference with the 3080, but $100 difference with the 3090. Hell the entire product stack with evga. With the 3080 there is only a difference of $110 from bottom to top, that difference is $330 for the 3090, based off of MemEx pricing.
Yeah not sure what you're getting for that price difference? A bigger heatsink? RGB lights? I don't think they perform any better?

NVIDIA FE edition for $1999CAD seems the better value, and probably better heatsink design too. At the very least, it looks better.

Mr. Friendly

I wonder if the 3090 is some cruel joke on content creators who need something with this kind of power, but due to EULA and driver restrictions, can't use it and are forced to buy a much higher priced Quadro with worse performance. :p