What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want a 3090? Prepare to sell those kidneys.

rjbarker

Just read thru the HWC 3090 Review......I'll be sticking to a 3080.....Evga 3080 FTW Ultra (provided an EKWB is available some time).....

Dwayne

A 3090 would serve me well for video editing. Worth double the cost? Doubtful. I wonder if Gamer Nexus would add Davinci to their reviews.

I would bet an NVidia GPU would be really good.

clshades

I would bet an NVidia GPU would be really good.
I'm currently using a 1070. The performance increase should be good. You can see between the titan and the 2080ti

Dwayne

Puget Systems has great information available for professionals, and amateurs too. I recall seeing a vid where Linus went to their site.

clshades

You're welcome. It appears that it only would help in specific situations.
Yeh, I'm not filming in 8k. Certainly a 3080 is a huge bump from the 1070. I am having trouble doing fine edits from h.265 as the card lags during playback in the edit section. Very hard to dial in clips that happen quickly. I've watched some videos of guys doing HEVC with a 2080ti having zero issues.

Latest posts