What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy Want to Buy Quad-Socket Opteron 1207 motherboard

Toronto122

I think ANY quad socket server board is going to need ECC Registered RAM...
IF the board you get is one of them...let me know, I have some for sale. CHEAP!

death_hawk

I saw a Quad Socket F board on fleabay for about $100 and junk.
Sadly, I don't have a link to back it up. It was a supermicro pull or refurb I think.

That said, with board/CPUs/RAM, you're not gonna get under the $1000 mark.
CPUs are about $300 per pair, board is (upwards) of $200 and a decent amount of RAM is another $20 per GB (x16GB, aka 1GB per core) = over $1000.

death_hawk

Edited. Now alternatively looking for a 1207 dual socket board. :biggrin:
I bought one of these:
Newegg.ca - TYAN S2912G2NR Dual 1207(F) NVIDIA nForce Professional 3600 Extended ATX Server Motherboard - Server Motherboards
and a pair of Opteron 2347 Quad Cores when they weren't $200USD per, but rather for a pair.

With 8GB RAM, I ended up building a dual quad for under $500. But since the US Economy stinks now, you're gonna be hard pressed to do the same for under $500.

Beware though, if you go with that route, you'll have to pay an additional $30USD for a BIOS chip or $X for a dual core to flash the board with.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Sounds about right.... lol. Hence, an upcoming FS thread with many, many items :thumb: fleabay you said? I suppose ill take a look into that, thanks.

Edit: Well fleabay has nothing now, very small site. But I needn't worry about that motherboard you mentioned. I'm looking for something a little different and won't been to flash the bios or whatever for it to support newer processors. beyond that, I dont want to get too far into details until the project starts up for sure, since ill be starting a build log for it soon....

Latest posts

Twitter