What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Warmachine 5.0

Skippman

Well, October 20th has come and gone and EKWB is still out of their O11 distribution plates. I'm now being told my order has been pushed back to November 12th. By that point I might as well consider swapping out the CPU and RAM for a Ryzen 5 and some DDR4-4000.

Skippman

Just got my e-mail from EK! Looks like my distro block is finally shipping! It's been a wait, but I think getting the newer pump version is going to be worth it.

Lysrin

Just got my e-mail from EK! Looks like my distro block is finally shipping! It's been a wait, but I think getting the newer pump version is going to be worth it.
Oooo exciting! *rubs hands together anticipating watching another build come together* :)

Skippman

After watching Jayz latest build in that InWin case I was considering adding a LCD display to my build as well but I can't think of any place I could put it that it wouldn't look distracting. I don't think there's enough room above or below the distro block to mount it on the back wall and putting it on either glass window seems like it would break the aesthetic as well. Any ideas?

sswilson

Staff member
After watching Jayz latest build in that InWin case I was considering adding a LCD display to my build as well but I can't think of any place I could put it that it wouldn't look distracting. I don't think there's enough room above or below the distro block to mount it on the back wall and putting it on either glass window seems like it would break the aesthetic as well. Any ideas?

Hard to know without seeing the rest of the build in place. The only spot that immediately jumps out to me from viewing other WC builds in that case (Lian Li 011 Dyanmic XL right?) would be to see if there was enough room to shoehorn it between the edge of the bottom rad and the front glass panel. Other than that, I'd personally be looking for a way I could suspend it from one of the installed fan banks via a 3D printed part.

Skippman

I finally got my distro block from EK in the mail this week and have started the new build. I put together the bottom radiator assembly this morning. Need to clean up the wiring a little bit still (prob going to spiral sleeve it) but I'm pretty happy with the look so far. I will say, test running the 6 fans... that's a LOT of air moving. I have 3 ML 120's on the bottom and 3 LL 120's on the top.

1605386800099.png

1605386833192.png

1605386863277.png

Latest posts

Twitter