What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

wat do u think??

Rapid-X

ok i stated i have the elitegroup C51GM-M, 2 gigs ocz ram, 40 gig and 5 gig ide maxtor harddrive <LOOKING a on vista or xp load to drive sata cheap for>pioneer dvd-RW, pioneer dvd rom, nvidia 7900gt oc pci-e, will that make a nice killer gaming system??

ebdoradz

wouldnt be a KILLER gaming rig but would will play almost every game there out there at med-high setting

what CPU are you going to put in that mobo??? dual core i hope

Last edited:

b1lk1

I wouldn't call it killer and it will show it's limitations in new games. Toss the 5gb hard drive away too. What CPU and power supply are you using? Those are 2 critical choices to make. If you haven't already purchased the cideo card then go with something DX10, even if it performs slightly less now because games are going to prefer cards that are shader heavy in the coming months.

Rapid-X

i wanna get a hold of the new amd k9

i heard AMD is gonna be realeasing a new K9 series cpu later this year spoke to a manager at the amd jsut 15 mins from my house nad he said he will get back to me about beta testing it. so hope fully that if not im getin the dual core 4600+ and a 450 wat coolmaster power supply

Gamashinoch

I wouldn't call it killer and it will show it's limitations in new games. Toss the 5gb hard drive away too. What CPU and power supply are you using? Those are 2 critical choices to make. If you haven't already purchased the cideo card then go with something DX10, even if it performs slightly less now because games are going to prefer cards that are shader heavy in the coming months.
No not killer but still very decent. 7900GT's aren't anything to cough at. I really wouldn't rush towards a directx10 card just cause it's DX10....there's no games that use it yet. I only have one because i HAD a 7900GT, I really hate replacing a videcard that dies prematurely with the exact same one so i did a slight upgrade. If your card is a 7900GT pre-overclocked card from eVga...run away. I won't buy another pre-overclocked/superclocked card again.

Rapid-X

system completed

i got the amd dual core 4800+ with a 550 coolmaster powersupply ....whole system cost me under 400 to build...still got a 512 pc4200 up for grabs if u want it

slugbug

That 5gb drive is probably slowing down your 40gb. Is the 5gb an ATA-66?

Last edited:

Rapid-X

That 5gb drive is probably slowing down your 40gb. Is the 5gb an ATA-66?
i think so im just gonna copy the fiels i ahve stored on it and then trash it ...would taht make it any faster if i installed the os on that 5 gig and use the sata and 40gig for files??

Twitter