What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Water block upgrade from XSPC RASA kit

rugox

So I have my CPU being cooled with a XSPC RASA 750 kit stock water block( the black acetal one I think). I'm looking to do an upgrade on it as I know it is not the most efficient water block out there. I'm looking at the EK supreme HF blocks. On Dazmode's store site, there are 3 versions: acetal rev 2, acetal-nickel rev 2, the plexi rev 2. What is the difference between these? I assume the acetal nickel is the best out of the three. I want to get the plexi one if there is no considerable compromise due to its plexi structure.

lowfat

Staff member
The Rasa is a fantastic CPU block. Spending $80+ on a new waterblock is going to gain you maybe 1C improvement. If you want to upgrade you should be looking at a new pump, not a new block.

mattlef

The Rasa is a fantastic CPU block. Spending $80+ on a new waterblock is going to gain you maybe 1C improvement. If you want to upgrade you should be looking at a new pump, not a new block.
I 100% agree. The pump that comes with the kit is great for a starter, but the block is very strong.
I'd only maybe upgrade to a HK block... and even then, I dont know if i'd get any decent gains from it.

If you're looking for aesthetics, the plexi blocks are much nicer, however if your end goal is performance, this block is on par with some of the better ones out there.

rugox

Oh that's a nice round up review. Thanks for that Dazmode.

As for a better pump, this would mean that I would have to get a separate reservoir as well?

Keywork

Not necessarily. You can grab another bay reservoir/ pump res combo (the XSPC one for example) or a pump w/ a reservoir top. Tons of options out there. Depends what fits your needs!

Latest posts

Twitter