What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Watercooled 800D

Slaughter

Hey!

This is my first watercooling build. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice and thanks to Dazmode for the outstanding service! Overall I'm fairly happy but not entirely satisfied. Temperatures are excellent! After 4 hours of gaming, my 5770 peaked at 25*C whereas it was previously hitting 67*C. I would say that's a fair drop. My CPU is also seeing a huge drop in temps.

I just feel my layout is lacking, so any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

img5503n.jpg
img5498u.jpg

img5497d.jpg
img5486.jpg

img5485c.jpg
cpuzfn.png

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE w/ EK Supreme HF
Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
2x2048 OCZ Reaper 1066
XFX HD5770 XXX Edition w/ Swiftech MCW80
Swiftech MCP350 w/ XSPC top
Ek Multioption Reservoir
HW Labs Black Ice SR-1 w/ Noctua NF-P12's in Push/Pull config
Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controller
Corsair AX850 PSU

Thanks for looking!

Prolab

Looking good man! It seems like your tubing is optimal (imo) anyways. Hows your load temps on your cpu?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Looks good! Love the black interior on the 800D. I had the 'inlet' of the res facing inwards so that the barb was hidden, but that is being picky.

Do you think it is possible to fit 6 fans in a push-pull on the rad? Its the setup I have, and wondered if it would work in the 800D.

Prolab

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE w/ EK Supreme HF
Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
2x2048 OCZ Reaper 1066
XFX HD5770 XXX Edition w/ Swiftech MCW80
Swiftech MCP350 w/ XSPC top
Ek Multioption Reservoir
HW Labs Black Ice SR-1 w/ Noctua NF-P12's in Push/Pull config
Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controller
Corsair AX850 PSU

Thanks for looking!

I think he has it in push/pull config.

I only have push but push/pull will work.

Slaughter

Thank you everyone!

After a few hours of P95 I'm sitting at about 38/39*C @ 4ghz - 1.5v. It peaked at 42*C @ 4.3ghz - 1.55v so not too bad I don't think considering the voltage?

Chris: As Prolab pointed out, you can in fact run push/pull as I am. As you can see, it does fill the top section pretty good leaving just enough space for the motherboard. If you were using something like a Swiftech MCR360 slim rad, you'd gain a bit more space if need be.

Thanks Reyzac. It is actually the Feser Red UV. Under UV lights it goes a bit orange which is kind of what appealed to me.

Thanks for the feedback!

CanadianZX

Looks Great! I love the 800D. On every build I always say that im going to WC but I always chicken out XD

Latest posts

Twitter