What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooled X2900 XTX pic

Patriote

OMFG! :shok: What an awful looking watercooling block, radiator, tubing... Yuck!

Oh god why Thermaltake ? Ppls don't know that it sucks or what ? :rtfm:

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... the WC in the pic isn't thermaltake.....

This cooling solution is probably provided by Aavid Thermalloy

It is butt ugly though..... wonder how well it cools?

Hard to tell from a 2D pic, but it looks to me like the GPU block extends beyond even the 2 slot pci bracket!:shok:

BALISTX

I would have to agree that looks like it extends past the 2 slot PCI bracket. Which correct me if I'm wrong would interfere with Crossfire.

sswilson

Staff member
I'd think it would, but it's also possible that the design in the pic is a pre-production model.

All this R600 talk has got me wondering if I'm going to pick up another 1950pro next pay (Got a local distributer who's pricing the sapphire 256 ones @ $217 CDN) , or wait a month to see if they release the low/midrange versions by end apr.

Patriote

Yeah the block we see on that pic isn't Thermaltake but "ATi's AIB partners can choose to use it, design their own or use a 3rd party water-cooler from Thermaltake."

Why do we even talk about Thermaltake in that sentence ? I know that everybody that knows just a little about WC does know that TT isn't one thing to be even just pronounced!

Anyways, i know that some good ppls such as Eddy EK Blocks will preduce some fantastic full cover blocks for that card! Just like Ek did for the full cover 8800GTX card. Which everybody seems to prefer over the DD and i agree with them!

Babrbarossa

I assumed it was that tiny thing attached- at that size, it looks like it would last a good solid minth before quitting- maybe it's not pictured though.

Latest posts