What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooling Advice

matthewnufc

Hello,

I have my had my build now up and running and working for a while now. However it is not ideal and I can not think of solution to this problem that will not cost.

As shown in the picture this is my current build. The GPU is not in an ideal place and would love to move it to the correct top PCI port. However my resiviour is the way. Can anyone think of a better was I can move my system around to allow me to fit the GPU?

Any advice would be greatly appricated

Please note: This is my first custom watercooling build.
20190830_222129.jpg20190830_222134.jpg20190830_222140.jpg
Thank you

Matt

KaptCrunch

You will not like my suggestion

Move rez outside of case to on top of it. This allow self bleeding and show off fluid also moniter level of loop.
CPU hose will also be outta of the way for GPU

matthewnufc

Thank you for the responsed so far, I tried putting the res under however it just hit the corner of the GPU, the case is p400s and I have the X360 EK extreme kit, I think I need a smaller rad

Izerous

A system doesn't "need" a res just makes life easier a T line would probably make life a bit easier just a bit more difficult to bleed.

From your pictures I see a couple ways to move things around without moving it outside but I think one I'd try it rotating it horizontally with it mounted to the top fan of the radiator with the top of the res facing the side panel and the ports facing directly to the rear of the case. On the lowest of the two ports can shove a 90' fitting down to the pump and the cpu can go into the higher port to help with the bleeding process. By having the top of the res facing the side panel you should be able to lay it on it's side with the side panel off to fill the system.

And yes the rad is complete overkill for just a CPU but I like overkill means you can run the fans slower for lower noise.

matthewnufc

Thank you for all of your help, I have quite a bit to consider.. that is quite a good idea to mount it horizontally instead, I am not sure how I can mount it to the fan though? I have will also have a little play around with it!

sswilson

Staff member
What pump/res combo are you using? You might be able to rig up some kind of mounts from the hardware store, but ideally something like this bracket is the easiest way to mount a pump/res combo to a rad/fan...

sswilson

Staff member
Looks like you've already got a bracket with your kit. You've got a DDC pump (square) so it wouldn't be exactly the same mounting mechanism as the bracket I linked to, but from the pic of your kit it looks like the bracket is designed to mount onto 120mm fans, and then your pump/res combo would attach to that.

Edit: Ok, I see now.. it looks like your res is separate from the pump..... you'd have to find some points that you could attach the res mounts to.