What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooling for the first time and need help

First of all hello everyone :)

Alright so I always wanted to go watercooling and I decided to make myself that gift. The thing is I know nothing about it so I will need some help. The watercoolign is mainly for silence/oc.

First of all, here is my current rig

[Youtube:836lPk2I2M4]

The best case scenario would be to watercool both the cpu and the gtx 570, but i believe that would mean dual rads and everything but like I said i dont know much. I would not mind only watercooling the cpu but if both are possible why not.

Only thing that i do know id that i will use my current 2 GTs and buy 2 more if needed for another rad. I would also like some black tubing. Maybe compression fittings for the look?

As for budget, if possible i would like to stay as low as possible (even if i know watercooling is expensive).

So thats pretty much it, any suggestions? :p

mataribot

300 will purchase a decent CPU loop. Add about 150 ish for a single GPu. Compression fittings look nice, but are expensive and not noob friendly. I would use a barb and some kinda clamp. Oh a tripple should be able to handle single cpu and gpu.

AmuseMe

Skip clamps, they look ugly. If your not using compression fittings, use 3/8 x 5/8 tubing and 1/2" barbs. Get a pot of water boiling, and stick the ends in the warm them up an make them more maluable. Then get them on the barb and let it cool. Looks nice, and is stuck on - for good :)

BMAN69

Skip clamps, they look ugly. If your not using compression fittings, use 3/8 x 5/8 tubing and 1/2" barbs. Get a pot of water boiling, and stick the ends in the warm them up an make them more maluable. Then get them on the barb and let it cool. Looks nice, and is stuck on - for good :)

So you say that you can get (basically) a 1/4" ID tube on a 1/2" barb, I can see this working for 7/16" ID tubing but not for 3/8"...besides looking quite odd.

mataribot

Nope. The pump and reservoir are not strong enough for dual radiator and block setup. If you have 300 then just buy custom setup. Save yourself the hassle later.

Chromey

If you dont mind a rad on the Back a 3X120 rad will do the Job. If anyones says other their full of Sh-T

I ran a I7 930 OC to 4.2
2 5870s

On the same loop with a TFC rad

CPU temps 30-48 load
GPUs 40-65 load.

The trick is High flow CPU block, And run it before the GPUs.

mataribot

If you dont mind a rad on the Back a 3X120 rad will do the Job. If anyones says other their full of Sh-T

I ran a I7 930 OC to 4.2
2 5870s

On the same loop with a TFC rad

CPU temps 30-48 load
GPUs 40-65 load.

The trick is High flow CPU block, And run it before the GPUs.

As long as the reservoir outlet is feeding the pump inlet, the loop order will not make a big difference on performance.

Latest posts

Twitter