What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooling for the first time and need help

Well i dont know about teh 360 rad.. i would liek to keep it inside the case. I would probably have to put a thick rad down the bottom of my case and a slim on on top? What rads/pump/otherstuff would i need?

mataribot

The thickness of the radiator does not always correlate to better thermal performace

Like i said i do not know much about watercooling, but am willing to learn.

Yet i havent got much answer to what i am looking, as far as some parts i should be looking into. I said how much i wanted to throw down into that, and the only answers i get are ''go for a custom loop'' or ''get a triple rad''. Those answers arent really much helping me since I do not know what to get. So from now on could i get some suggestions on parts to get plz? (not mad im just saying...)

AmuseMe

The 3/8 over 1/2 barbs do not look odd at all. Many people love the way they look. I personally like it more than compression just because to me, compressions look too bulky and add to much "chunk" to the look. Here is how I have mine. Please excuse the bad picture quality, do not have my DSLR on me at the time.

photo1fwx.jpg

photo2q.jpg

photo3tf.jpg

BMAN69

oliverthefrenchy;

here is a good place to start when just "getting your feet wet" (I watched the videos over and over again, and they really paid off) YouTube - Complete Watercooling Guide P1 - How MUCH does it cost? Daz explains all that is necessary to get into watercooling your PC.

As for cost; you can spend as little as $100 (for a single rad XSPC kit) to many $100 for a custom loop, it all depends on what you want.

Another good place to read about watercooling is here Beginner’s Guide to Water Cooling Your PC | Overclockers

Believe me when I tell you, you cannot read (or watch enough videos) too much when you're just starting out; from my experience alone; my budget started at $300, but quickly escalated (there will always be more components required, tools to buy, and odds and ends that you thought you had...but didn't).

jigglylizard

$300 is fine for CPU loop but might be tight if you want to add your GPU's.... Mine hit $300 for CPU only before I knew what hit me (meant to go for $200)