What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watercooling Reservoirs

enaberif

Can you use anything you want for a resevoir as long as there is a in and out? Like say could I use a glass jar?

chibi_man

Absolutely.

I've used a number of Items. My favorite is ABS (Black pipe), it seals perfectly and once your force thread a brass barb into it it's leak proof. I use some glue around the barbs just for extra assurance against a leak.

Other options are plastic containers from a dollar store, but they take more rigging to make work.

Use your imagination.

enaberif

Absolutely.

I've used a number of Items. My favorite is ABS (Black pipe), it seals perfectly and once your force thread a brass barb into it it's leak proof. I use some glue around the barbs just for extra assurance against a leak.

Other options are plastic containers from a dollar store, but they take more rigging to make work.

Use your imagination.
Figured as much.

Second can a resevoir be too big?

enaberif

heres an taste of my modded 690 case ;)

all water cooling components will be in the bottom.. maybe more.. haven't decided.

Attachments

MpG

Nice!

Just make sure that 1) the pump is kept fed with water, 2) the exit for the reservoir is below the water line, and 3) that there's a drain in the reservoir.

chibi_man

I agree with MpG.

Thats a tricky thing with some reservoir models so keep that in mind.

The Ideal thing would be to have all the water cooling components on the top of the case. My first rig I ever made with water cooling had it all on the bottom, and it was a really pain getting the air out of the system and on top of that heat rises, just a tip.

What style reservoir do you have in mind? (Square, cylinder, funky shaped, etc)

ABS pipe does wonders so that be my choice.

enaberif

I agree with MpG.

Thats a tricky thing with some reservoir models so keep that in mind.

The Ideal thing would be to have all the water cooling components on the top of the case. My first rig I ever made with water cooling had it all on the bottom, and it was a really pain getting the air out of the system and on top of that heat rises, just a tip.

What style reservoir do you have in mind? (Square, cylinder, funky shaped, etc)

ABS pipe does wonders so that be my choice.
Heat won't be an issue as it will be all insulated except for 2 panels which will allow the fans to bring air in and out of the bottom enclosure.

Reservoir is going to be round but I haven't decided on size yet.. I'm thinking like 8" or so high by maybe 3" round and will be probably clear acrylic.

Latest posts

Twitter