What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Watts needed for SLI?

b1ack1otus

Those seems like some good options for a sub-100 deal power supply Soultribunal.
But you are right, adding an extra 25 can get me an extra 50 - 100W. Well I guess that my best hope is when I do buy a power supply there will be a sale on like 750 W power supply. :D

BTW, does anyone know if modular PSU has any advantage other than its cleaner cable managements? (just a thought, I don't think I can get a mod PSU for that price range)

Soultribunal

Staff member
Those seems like some good options for a sub-100 deal power supply Soultribunal.
But you are right, adding an extra 25 can get me an extra 50 - 100W. Well I guess that my best hope is when I do buy a power supply there will be a sale on like 750 W power supply. :D

BTW, does anyone know if modular PSU has any advantage other than its cleaner cable managements? (just a thought, I don't think I can get a mod PSU for that price range)
You could get a Silverstone PSU thats fully modular for the 125 range or so (they had some nice sales on for PSU's, hopefully they do in the future).

The only real advantage is cable management, but that can sometimes make all the differnece in tight cases.

THe extra never hurts. The TX750 was on sale for like 90 last time, might be one to watch out for.

-ST

DkRk

If you can catch a Corsair 750TX for under $100, you'd be in good shape. I run the first version; it's a good unit and it ran two overclocked (very powerhungry) 470's in SLI with aplomb.

b1ack1otus

I never heard of the Silverstone brand for PSU, so I don't know how their reputation is.

And gingerbee, you're vouching for Cooler Master that their PSU are pretty reputable and dependable?

Soultribunal

Staff member
The coolermaster Units I avoid, they are still decent but of a lower standard.
Silverstone I will vouch for 100%. The OEM for the striders is Enhance, and is very very good.
I've got 3 currently at 2 years old chugging away without fail plus another 5 for client builds out there without issue or having the PSU kill hardware off in the computer.

Very solid,

-ST

gingerbee

ya i have used a few of there's over the years and never had problems besides they can be a little louder sometimes but power wise there decent builds nothing super high end but good for everyday user there my second choice i always go for seasonic but i am running coolermaster in a few pc's

b1ack1otus

I'll look into some Silverstone PSU as some of them doesnt seem to bad for price/Watts ratio.

Well, as far as the sound goes, I'm trying to make it as quite as possible.

Latest posts

Twitter