What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

WD Caviar Black 1TB, $135 and free shipping at Newegg.ca

Arundor

icodeit

I have the 500GB model and have been very happy with it. Quick enough and very quiet compared to my Seagate drive.

gluzko

just a question, do they still ship with ups or dhl :T? if they do did neone get charged with those ridiculous brokerage fees?

thanks

Arundor

just a question, do they still ship with ups or dhl :T? if they do did neone get charged with those ridiculous brokerage fees?

thanks

When I ordered one it shipped with UPS.

I'm not certain how to interpret all the various charges listed on the invoice, but it's possible there was an extra fee. I saw no fee specifically labeled as brokerage, and the handling charges only covered GST and PST. I was however charged $1.23 for shipping despite the supposedly free shipping, so some extra fee may have been added in there.

Note that the sale referenced in the original post is over, so this information may no longer be relevant.

Heatbag

I believe the $1.23 is the so called brokerage charge along with gst and pst. At least thats what a customer rep told me. Correct me if I am wrong.

sswilson

Staff member
$1.23 sounds suspiciously like HST/GST being applied to a $10 shipping fee. Even if something is free the government wants it's take.... :)

Latest posts