What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Weird noise coming from GPU

Kilauea

Hey,

I am unsure if this is a problem at all. I have just noticed that there is a weird buzzing noise (something electric or electronic) coming from my GPU. It is noisier when the card is overclocked, but it is still barely perceptible when the card is undercloked. At stock speed, I can hear it too.

I am unsure for how long this has been going on because I absolutly can't hear it when my case's side panel is shut. However, when I open it, it is quite clear. At first I thought it was the HDD, but when lowering the speed of the GPU, the noise lowered too.

What could this be ? Is it normal ?

martin_metal_88

Your card is just squealing. Don't worry about that. Every Nvidia card do it and some ATI do it to. It is normal and it is not a reason for an RMA sorry you will have to deal with it.

Ask for more.

Kilauea

Your card is just squealing. Don't worry about that. Every Nvidia card do it and some ATI do it to. It is normal and it is not a reason for an RMA sorry you will have to deal with it.

Ask for more.

Heheh, I wasn't quite thinking about RMA, besides as I said, I only hear it with my side panel opened. Makes me love my P183 even more because with the side panel opened, I notice what noise it blocks.

Perineum

hahah, he means you'll go deaf in that range of sound so you won't notice it anymore.

Just imagine the beauty of that sound x 8 GPUs..... :thumb:

Kilauea

But but... I don't hear it... You know, I usually keep my side panel on :punk:

I hear my fan, but no squeal unless I remove the side panel.

chrisk

Folding Captain
But but... I don't hear it... You know, I usually keep my side panel on :punk:

I hear my fan, but no squeal unless I remove the side panel.

That's stage 1 of 'Folder's Ear'. Pretty soon you won't hear it at all. The condition is eerily similar to 'Wife's Ear'...

Latest posts