What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Weird transfer issues

Shadowarez

Hey guys I'm having a head scratching moment can't seem to find a cause or solution.

1. Transfering files from my file server PC to a usb stick it seems to hang at 5 seconds remaining for 10 mins or longer per file
2. Iv tried uninstalling usb drivers on both PC's tried unplugging HDDs on server replacing data cables.
3.even tried a few live Linux distros to rule out is

Not sure what else to try any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sagath

Staff member
Does it do this with every USB stick or the same one? If its the same one 99% of the time this is ECC on the flash drive kicking in because its dying. Get the information off and buy a new one. If its multiple Flash Drives I'd look at (all of) your USB ports with other devices (USB HDD, or a game controller) and see if the issue manifests in some way. The USB controller could be going for a shit.

Shadowarez

dang i was afraid of that its right off the front ports on my Cosmos 2 case and the back, its happening on all usb drives iv tried, last month i transfered 1T off on a usb portable drive no issues. but ill see if it happens with ports on back as well.

ntslatko

This may sound simple, but check the front panel connector on both the motherboard and case as well. I was having flaky transfers on an old Antec case and it turns out that the front panel connector came loose from opening and closing of the front cover.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter