What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Welcome Back

draemn

So what, they gave up on all the forum changes after having it down for so long? Is confused why it's the same old website look and feel....

But yes, nice to be back (even if it will go down again soon)!

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
The changes are still in the pipeline. Nothing was given up on. We won't be ready to switch over for a while yet.

Having the site down over the weekend for testing, error checking, etc is better than doing these things during the week.

Bond007

I sat around hitting refresh for the entire weekend waiting for the site to come back up...withdraw here as well. Now we need some more new posts and reviews posted to read.

enaberif

The changes are still in the pipeline. Nothing was given up on. We won't be ready to switch over for a while yet.

Having the site down over the weekend for testing, error checking, etc is better than doing these things during the week.

Would be nice if perhaps there was more than a blank page indicating nothing could be loaded.. Perhaps a "We are sorry but the beaver dam broken and we are upgrading and fixing it"

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... I had a little bit of a heads up, but got confirmation of what was going on through a the twitter feed I found using google. :)

Lpfan4ever

Would be nice if perhaps there was more than a blank page indicating nothing could be loaded.. Perhaps a "We are sorry but the beaver dam broken and we are upgrading and fixing it"

This exactly. A whole weekend of downtime with zero notice is kinda harsh, especially since I'm sure us forum regulars are a tiny part of the site's traffic. A whole weekend of no access to a news site would shy me off pretty quickly.

enaberif

This exactly. A whole weekend of downtime with zero notice is kinda harsh, especially since I'm sure us forum regulars are a tiny part of the site's traffic. A whole weekend of no access to a news site would shy me off pretty quickly.

Not that I am endorsing it as I do think its asinine but it would be a good reason for people to go *ahem* elesewhere.

Latest posts