What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Well shit.

clshades

So here I am looking at some ryzen 3900 overclocking stuff, videos etc and I see this thing about the memory. So I have a gander and realize that this entire time I've been running less than rated. Switch on xmp and and wow.. there's an extra 15fps. Also I noticed that the motherboard is set to 1.4v+ on the cpu. Every overclocking review saying... no that's too high. So I drop it down to 1.3 and fixed I guess. Still haven't dove into the overclocking much but there's a little headroom so...?

Still trying to get my head wrapped around the ccd (is that right?) stuff. Chiplets and all that fun stuff.

Has anyone played around with the Ryzen master GUI overclocking tool at all?

Last edited:

gingerbee

if your not overclocking yet and you have your voltage is set to 1.3 vcore then your robbing yourself of performance, I am not a fan of the whole it can run up to 1.5 vcore. So I just run mine on auto everything but with an offset voltage 0.05 so that works out to a max vcore of 1.45 vcore and turbo still works fine with lower temps.

But for overclocking lowfat's your man/women, has a thread all about it

Izerous

Folding Team
My 2700x is at a vcore of 1.4 and 4.1ghz on all cores. I had the clocks pushed higher but dialed it back just a bit

Izerous

Folding Team
Actually playing with bclk + multipliers I seems to have it running over 4.2Ghz now and 1.38 vcore. Needs more fiddling but I always found tools like PID5 get you to a starting point by auto detecting what it think it can do them fine tune from there. Instead of guessing right from the start. I'll continue fiddling with trying to bring down the vcore over the next few days

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Yo, I'm really glad you edited that 1.9v to 1.38. I was about to reply and be like "YO BRO WHAT". lol

Izerous

Folding Team
Yo, I'm really glad you edited that 1.9v to 1.38. I was about to reply and be like "YO BRO WHAT". lol

Yeah i re-read that a few minutes after posting it and realized the scale of that typo. Last time i played with BCLK it didn't go to well but i'm up to 104 and multiplier i think was 40.5. Ram was just shy of 3300 when they are 3200 sticks but the lightweight testing seemed successful.

lowfat

Staff member
IMO anything over 1.3V is too much for a 24/7 OC. I don't think it should stay @ 1.4V+ very long, just for short boost intervals for a single core. I myself use 1.2675V via VID. I also do use CCD overclocking via bios. By using VID instead of Vcore it acts almost like stock. Increasing voltage for just the CCD that is boosting.

clshades

IMO anything over 1.3V is too much for a 24/7 OC. I don't think it should stay @ 1.4V+ very long, just for short boost intervals for a single core. I myself use 1.2675V via VID. I also do use CCD overclocking via bios. By using VID instead of Vcore it acts almost like stock. Increasing voltage for just the CCD that is boosting.
I've settled in at 4.3 all cores @1.3125v. I know I'm not getting the boost but watching it run at low idle frequently 1.4+ v seems stupid. It's like the volts don't drop with the frequency at all. Not respectively at least. I know this can cause stability issues during gaming but that part used to be easy in windows by simply switching power profiles. Not sure if that's still the case?

4.6 at nearly 1.5v just doesn't seem worth it. I may pick your brain a little later next week. Still reading/sifting through garbage. Worst post I found on Reddit was "let the cpu do what it's supposed to, it's fine, it knows what to do."

Meanwhile, it's the motherboard manufacturer that sorta runs the show if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Latest posts