What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whadda ya think... Is it true?

FreeKnight

Let's save the clickbait titles for Youtube, if your title actually says what's in the link some of us might even click on it...:thumb:

AkG

For those who don't blindly click links... its another YT video on Intel getting into the video card marketplace. Spends a lot of time on why they are doing it (ie crashing sales in CPU numbers). Since its from last year... you can skip to 5 minutes. Its basically SWAG's and musings on why Intel may go more for AI end of the video card market than the 'gaming' end... IE... lots of fluff, little details... and man that voice. Nearly fell asleep. Could have been an accountant going over minutia in latest gov regulations for all the enthusiasm they showed. :ph34r:

With that said. Its a safe bet that will be Intel's first/ primary focus. Its an easier, safer market to throw a ton of money at and recoup your costs.

AkG

Optane was designed with the enterprise market in mind. Intel wanted an "almost ram alternative" at "near NAND prices". Its why the first couple models (and nearly all the marketing material) dealt with business and enterprise needs.

We are lucky they realized there was 'gold in them thar hills' and enthusiasts would pay for it... ish. :p

Its what I expect to happen with Intel's GPUs as well. :thumb:

SCANNERMAN

For those who don't blindly click links... its another YT video on Intel getting into the video card marketplace. Spends a lot of time on why they are doing it (ie crashing sales in CPU numbers). Since its from last year... you can skip to 5 minutes. Its basically SWAG's and musings on why Intel may go more for AI end of the video card market than the 'gaming' end... IE... lots of fluff, little details... and man that voice. Nearly fell asleep. Could have been an accountant going over minutia in latest gov regulations for all the enthusiasm they showed. :ph34r:

With that said. Its a safe bet that will be Intel's first/ primary focus. Its an easier, safer market to throw a ton of money at and recoup your costs.

I was not trying to set anyone up for click bait and I hope no one is "blindly" clicking on links but I did watch the video and I do wonder if this isn't the case with Intel. Since the video is speculative in nature I brought here, to the "rumor mill" to put it to the people as it were and get some feedback on this. I think if this is indeed the case with Intel perhaps gamers/PC builders/enthusiasts etc. would be better off investing their hard earned revenue elsewhere. Just my opinion of course, bearing in mind that the information in the video is indeed speculative.

Rogerramjet112

Interesting video. Thanks. Lets just hope Intels foray back into graphics does not go the way of Larrabee.

1claire

Great Video! IBM forgot their roots years ago but I don't think Intel will do the same. I believe Intel is focused on A.I. and supercomputing but I also believe that will trickle down to the consumer segment and provide a more competitive stance in the discrete GPU segment. I do have high hopes for AMD, and I believe the next few months they are going to really shine and provide competitive hardware in both the CPU and GPU segment. As for Nvidia it is a company I lost all respect for due to a few of their anticompetitive practices like APP (Approved Partner Program) and GPP (Geforce Partner Program) and the lawsuits they filed that killed every GPU manufacturer in the market except ATI. And I don't want to get started on the allegedly stolen documents from AMD.

Latest posts

Twitter