What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What a differance water makes!!

sizerkozak

Today i built another machine with the spare E6400 and a Nvidia C55mcp55 main board
I used the stock fan that came with the cpu and it ran at 55C....
i aplied the paste, changed fans etc etc and the same thing...55C
So i tossed on the crappy Thermaltake (im proud to have previously removed from my main rig) and what a drop...its running at 30C now
On a side note...how shi**y can Thermaltake gear be?
Man i took a closer look at the fittings (due to a couple leaks) and more than half of them were cross threaded from factory...some had course threaded couplings...some were fine thread...some didnt even look like it had threads...everything was glued together...so i pulled every fitting off and re-did them all...now there are no leaks :)
Shame on you Thermaltake...tsk tsk
mh.jpg

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I have the same case but in Silver. Although I don't mind the looks it is cheaply built as is alot of their products.:(

G

Damn dude, dont drink out of that waterbottle.;)

Okay I had to, back to the thread.

Babrbarossa

What'd you get out of the 6400 for speed on that rig?-- any of that stuff for sale? or perhaps you would care to donate to the non-profit organization: "Computers for Underprivaledged Babrbarossas"

sswilson

Staff member
Is that the original bigwater?

I didn't have any issues with my bigwater 745 other than needing a bit more fluid.

LionRed

Heheh I have often thought about putting together my own home built water cooling unit. Was thinking of using a canister fish tank filter pump (Fluval....low rates vary from 103 to 317 U.S. gallons per hour (390 to 1200 Litres per hour) depending on the model.) and a car heater rad, hook up some 120mm fans to the rad.
I think I will end up doing it someday.

sizerkozak

What'd you get out of the 6400 for speed on that rig?-- any of that stuff for sale? or perhaps you would care to donate to the non-profit organization: "Computers for Underprivaledged Babrbarossas"

lol...sorry for the delay

I managed to get an o/c OF 3.25 Stable running orthos for 24hrs
havent tried any higher yet

Sorry nothing for sale :(
im gonna use this rig to try out a cascading phaze change setup (next project)

sizerkozak

Is that the original bigwater?

I didn't have any issues with my bigwater 745 other than needing a bit more fluid.

Nope thats the new big water i had on my main rig...i just used only the single rad on this set up... i compared it to using the double rad, the single and all three....and there wasn't any differance at all...i think i noticed a -1C differance once using all three rads...so the less thermaltake rads i use the less chance of leaking.

sswilson

Staff member
Sorry to hear that you had issues with the thermaltake.

Could be that your experience is more typical than mine (I had no problems at all). I was reading through old Maximum PC mags last week and found a review of several kits..... The thermaltake 745 leaked on them and got a 4 rating in spite of having the best temps of the bunch.