What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What a hellish night

JD

Staff member
ok a little update. My freaking mobo and cpu came back to life. God i hate computers. anyway i am still going through with my upgrade as my brother needs a new computer desperately so i can give him my current one so here is my plan for hardware for my new box :)

Silverston Tj-05 Eatx case
Corsair HX1000W
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
Evga Geforce 9800GX2 1GB (got it on sale for 299 )
3ware 9690SA-4i Raid Card (almost 1/2 of the 8 port)
Windows Vista Home Premium OEM
WD 640GB HDD x4
Generic LG/Samsung DVD Burner
Some Noctua NF-P Fans

I appretiate allof the input so far.
Looks good but make sure you get an aftermarket heatsink. Something that has Heatpipe Direct Touch like the Xigmatek ones or the OCZ Vendetta 2.

I doubt you really need a 1KW PSU, but if you can afford it then fine.

I'll assume that's x64 Vista.

lcdguy

Folding Team
Yes thats X64 vista, also in regards to the 1kw psu. considering i just had one catch fire due to overloading and it was a 650 i figurd 1kw should be enough :). Also as for the HSF i have always liked thermalright so any suggestion there ?

Dashock

ok a little update. My freaking mobo and cpu came back to life. God i hate computers. anyway i am still going through with my upgrade as my brother needs a new computer desperately so i can give him my current one so here is my plan for hardware for my new box :)

Silverston Tj-05 Eatx case
Corsair HX1000W
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
Evga Geforce 9800GX2 1GB (got it on sale for 299 )
3ware 9690SA-4i Raid Card (almost 1/2 of the 8 port)
Windows Vista Home Premium OEM
WD 640GB HDD x4
Generic LG/Samsung DVD Burner
Some Noctua NF-P Fans

I appretiate allof the input so far.

Plus One for the Noctua's well since your going back to air have you decided on what cooler yer gonna be running?? Slap on those Noctua's :p

And what motherboard will you be running with ? And am i the only one who thinks 1000 watts is exessive? even for your build i dont see your system being that much power hungry. A good quality 850 should be more then plenty should id not?

lcdguy

Folding Team
I was leaning towards something from thermalright. For mobo i think it's a P5-dn or or something i forget but it has the 750i chipset.

misterd

I'd go p45 / x48 - the nvidia chipsets aren't the way to go anymore. Too many problems and you said you weren't doing SLI. And get a ThermalRight-Ultra Extreme aka TRUE, or as mentioned above a HDT like a Xigmatek or OCZ Vendetta 2. I'm happy for you that not ALL your hardware got wet. RIP for the stuff that died. Good excuse to get new stuff tho. :punk:

lcdguy

Folding Team
So would say something like the P5Q be alright as the discription indicates it as a P45 based board. the X48 i think is to rich for my blood.

lcdguy

Folding Team
Ok so i have finalised on my hardware and here it is.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Asus P5Q Pro[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]PCP&C 750W Quad[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Noctua NF-P12-1300[/FONT] Noctuna NF-R8 [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X[/FONT] Windows Vista home premium 64 Evga 9800GX2 LG DVD-RW Sata [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Xigmatek HDT-S1283[/FONT]
I already have a but load of HDD kicking around i can use.

Unfortunately i have to wait until my next next paycheck so 4 weeks before i can order anything :( hopefully there will be some awesome deals by then. hint hint :)

Latest posts