What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What are the advantages of a Mac over a PC?

Canker

Your argument is laughable. Please indulge me here:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA AHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAH! :clap:

I don't think that was quite enough, hold on.

:clap::clap::clap: BWAAAAAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHHA HAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA (wheeze) HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH (falls down gasping for breath) HAHAAHAHHAHA HAHAAHAHAHHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You are going out of your way to completely ignore reason and rational thought the same way religious zealots do when confronted with it.

Let's just stick with facts.

Every new version of the MacOS has rather poor compatibility running software designed for the version it replaced. FACT.

I provided a link in a previous message which provides a very long list of compatibility issues for Snow Leopard. FACT.

Apple's release cycle for MacOS is approximately 2 years. FACT.

Apple stops supporting / removes parts of their own operating system without consulting with stakeholders or developers. FACT. See the link I provided in an earlier message about Cocoa for one example.

The entire foundation of your argument against anyone who crushes your ludicrous points so far is that you are in outsourcing school to learn how to program, and everyone else who hasn't set sail on that ship with you is therefore wrong because you know the secret developer handshake and no amount of real world experience, work on development teams or formal education can say otherwise. :ph34r:

Protip for you! If you are fortunate enough to get a job in software development within Canada, your boss could very likely be someone with very little software development experience, but holds a $45,000 2 year MBA from somewhere like Royal Roads. Oh snap, they didn't go to outsourcing school, but they can go around singing LIKE A BOSS, while you can't, and will probably still be gainfully employed as a manager in their 40s while you will be replaced by a fresh graduate of outsourcing school, or managing a team in India remotely. They are also earning more money than you, LIKE A BOSS! :shok:

Perhaps you assume every Mac user is happy to march out and buy the most current version of MacOS out there, and every Mac user is now running Snow Leopard. Want to bet on it? If the Mac crowd hovers around 10% of the market, what percentage of them are running the 7 different versions of OS X released in the past 10 years? Is it worth putting the effort in? Look at Adobe, they seem more interested in supporting Windows these days for that reason, and most of the flagship offerings for the Mac came from Adobe! It happens to be Adobe's business to write software, just like your reasoning for virus writers, never mind a lot of them just do it for the lulz. Oh snap! :bananafunky:

Apple is oprhaning Rosetta in OS X Lion, so goodbye support for PPC OS X applications. I'm sure the next generation of Macs will allow you to downgrade to OS X Snow Leopard though, right? :bleh: I'm sure nobody out there is using a PPC Mac any more...

Neowin.net - Rosetta, we hardly knew ye: OS X Lion cuts support for PowerPC apps

...MS has so much trouble BECAUSE of that. Why do you think that devs start whining more and more about MS dropping support of their own stuff? Gawd...

That is the same plain argument even your "technologically impaired" grandma could give you. It's no secret that virus business IS a business and you need to target the platform with the biggest market share. On the other hand he was talking about somehow binaries no longer working because Apple would be magically changing Darwin's code so much each release. Thinking that is -ridiculous-.

1- Any kind of production environement doesn't change the way viruses load and run.
2- OSX dev working on a specific platform doesn't change the way viruses load and run unless they start hacking and doing major kernel changes.

Seriously man I'm disappointed in you every time you post something. It's just sad to see either uneducated opinion or just plain crap like that last quote. I HAZ XP SO I HAZ LE TRUTH. Pointless. :dots:

JD

Staff member
I understand that this is a very heated topic, but if you guys just want to have a flaming contest between each other, this isn't the place for it and unfortunately yet another anything vs PC discussion will have to be closed down.

Anyways, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and see if you can clean your act up in the next few posts, otherwise this thread will be locked and warnings/infractions handed out.

Perineum

It does seem to be a bit inflammatory but his post in relation to m1dget is spot on.

m1dget will say you're wrong, won't reply with anything solid for fear of being proven wrong again. If he's not going to reply with anything significant then he shouldn't reply at all.

m1dget

I understand that this is a very heated topic, but if you guys just want to have a flaming contest between each other, this isn't the place for it and unfortunately yet another anything vs PC discussion will have to be closed down.

Anyways, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and see if you can clean your act up in the next few posts, otherwise this thread will be locked and warnings/infractions handed out.

Don't worry... I'm not trolling/flaming/whatever and I don't think he is either :thumb: (not -that- sure about him not trolling me but meh, I don't think he would spend that much time pointlessly trolling somebody)

Your argument is laughable. Please indulge me here:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA AHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAH! :clap:

I don't think that was quite enough, hold on.

:clap::clap::clap: BWAAAAAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHHA HAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA (wheeze) HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH (falls down gasping for breath) HAHAAHAHHAHA HAHAAHAHAHHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Pointless.

You are going out of your way to completely ignore reason and rational thought the same way religious zealots do when confronted with it.

:doh:

Every new version of the MacOS has rather poor compatibility running software designed for the version it replaced. FACT.

If you're in a dev team and lack to study carefully the technology you are going to use on a large scale project then the company deserves to fail and die (fast).

I provided a link in a previous message which provides a very long list of compatibility issues for Snow Leopard. FACT.

You should read and UNDERSTAND what the article was talking about. That proves absolutely nothing else than Apple deployed either some user friendly API or tried to make incompetent dev's life easier and deprecated it since either nobody was using it or it was getting pointless supporting it further more. Careful planning would make sure you are not stuck whining after Apple's decision to drop the support for an API or whatever.
Let the incompetence in software dev find it's way to indie game developing or something like that...

Apple's release cycle for MacOS is approximately 2 years. FACT.

Well yeah pretty much.

Apple stops supporting / removes parts of their own operating system without consulting with stakeholders or developers. FACT. See the link I provided in an earlier message about Cocoa for one example.

Without warning the devs? effin lulz. If that was the case most of the pieces of software would be broken due to deprecated and non-existent API/drivers/whatever you want to call it. Heck the OS wouldn't probably even boot :rofl:

The entire foundation of your argument against anyone who crushes your ludicrous points so far is that you are in outsourcing school to learn how to program, and everyone else who hasn't set sail on that ship with you is therefore wrong because you know the secret developer handshake and no amount of real world experience, work on development teams or formal education can say otherwise. :ph34r:

What the hell man with the outsourcing programming school and secret handshake crap :doh:
If you think I don't have any experience in that field, I will let you believe that. I can't discuss about the projects I've been working on for the past years, but hey, think what you want. :haha:

Protip for you! If you are fortunate enough to get a job in software development within Canada

That won't happen as I hate programming as you are forced to do in about any company I can think of.
Anyway my interest for programming stuff in general is far from the conventional "read doc, derive pre-made C# class and glue everything together to make ANOTHER register/inventory/business logic software crap" 8 hours a day (aka code monkey in a typical software company).

your boss could very likely be someone with very little software development experience, but holds a $45,000 2 year MBA from somewhere like Royal Roads. Oh snap, they didn't go to outsourcing school, but they can go around singing LIKE A BOSS, while you can't, and will probably still be gainfully employed as a manager in their 40s while you will be replaced by a fresh graduate of outsourcing school, or managing a team in India remotely. They are also earning more money than you, LIKE A BOSS! :shok:
...and this is one of the many reasons I avoided the typical road to follow to get a job in software dev/IT in general. Almost all the time I've spent in college served me good: I saw how ****ing pointless and expensive it was, how I hated what they taught, how I hated how they taught it, how I hated the jobs that were waiting for me, how they made me waste my time so I grabbed as many IT/math/physics/etc books I could and educated myself for what -I- wanted to do and fast forward more than a year later, I'm happily doing research and development in a company I started.

Perhaps you assume every Mac user is happy to march out and buy the most current version of MacOS out there, and every Mac user is now running Snow Leopard. Want to bet on it? If the Mac crowd hovers around 10% of the market, what percentage of them are running the 7 different versions of OS X released in the past 10 years?

Go ask Mac users about it instead of giving some random uneducated opinion about it.

Is it worth putting the effort in? Look at Adobe, they seem more interested in supporting Windows these days for that reason

You got to be effin kidding me... that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say UNEDUCATED OPINION apple vs adobe - Google Search

Apple is oprhaning Rosetta in OS X Lion, so goodbye support for PPC OS X applications. I'm sure the next generation of Macs will allow you to downgrade to OS X Snow Leopard though, right? :bleh: I'm sure nobody out there is using a PPC Mac any more...

lol again man... now you are talking about BINAIRIES COMPILED FOR A DIFFERENT ARCHITECTURES. No **** it's not working.

Keep the posts coming... I love that.

Last edited:

MacJunky

Guys, Flash has always always always been terrible on Mac OS(and Linux) since FOREVER.
There was not really a single point in time that i can recall when it was any good.

This is nothing recent.

LordPraetox

Both platforms are capable of performing the same tasks with the same quality. It all depends on which software you like more.

Buying a computer:
Do I like the platform? Yes
Will it do everything I need it to do? Yes
*buys computer*

botat29

Both platforms are capable of performing the same tasks with the same quality. It all depends on which software you like more.

Buying a computer:
Do I like the platform? Yes
Will it do everything I need it to do? Yes
*buys computer*

+1 , That's it. :thumb: no need for childish argument, We purchase what we like.

Latest posts