What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what are you using for an M.2 to USB dongle / adapter / enclosure?

danmitch1

Thats pretty cool, never even knew it existed.
Do any exist with usb C ? that would be the best no?

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

Thats pretty cool, never even knew it existed.
Do any exist with usb C ? that would be the best no?
they do...StarTech has one, it's $5 more...however, when you do buy these you need to buy SATA or NVMe, the NVMe isn't backwards compatible like it is on a motherboard.

here's the faster SATA USB C model:

Mr. Friendly

that said, actually....10Gb USB C is almost 3x faster than what a SATA M.2 can move, so there shouldn't be much of a bottleneck at even 5Gb, eh?

Shadowmeph

hmm I wonder ,after they make it so that the raspi 4 can boot from usb drive how much faster it will me if they do this I might buy a new larger 1 TB m.2 for my gaming pc and use the smaller 400gbm.2 drive for my raspi4 but At this time they still haven't made it so that the raspi 4 boots from USB

Izerous

There are weird things for pi4 that have not been released yet. RetroPi for example hasn't released a build that officially support the pi4 yet., usb boot and other things. Luckily i'm swamped right now and haven't had time to sink into those things yet anyways.

Entz

I just got this one a few weeks ago. Works great and is cheap.

Added a 2230 drive to the WWAN slot of my laptop but wanted to make sure it was actually real since it was cheap directly from China vs the resellers in NA (Kingspec brand)

Entz

What do you mean? The drive I got was uninitialized and creating partitions and formatting worked fine.

I do need to check the SKU though as the one I got is blue and it isn't listed. May have been replaced.

Latest posts

Twitter