What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what are your favorite winter comfort foods?

naugrim

Something I look forward to around christmas is my mom's acadian meat pie, usually contains beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, and whatever my dad caught during hunting season. Baked in a biscuit like pie dough, and served hot with molasses. I should add that it's shredded/pulled meat only for the filling, no potatos or anything else like that.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Something I look forward to around christmas is my mom's acadian meat pie, usually contains beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, and whatever my dad caught during hunting season. Baked in a biscuit like pie dough, and served hot with molasses. I should add that it's shredded/pulled meat only for the filling, no potatos or anything else like that.

That sounds a lot like my grandmother's tourtiere that she made for New Year every year. https://growagoodlife.com/tourtiere/

moocow

Chinese / Korean / Japanese hotpot and booze. Too bad it's hard to have solo hotpot at home because I tend to mix veggie, beet slices, and some seafood in it.

Herne

I'm thinking low flame or coals out on the open plain was the original...original 😜
Some evidence that just below the fire is the original...original. Easier to imagine finding accidentally cooked meat first I think.

Latest posts