What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What cables do I need?

Maeng

Hi guys,

So I had an old computer, but I had to leave it behind. Before leaving I managed to take out the motherboard, cpu + fan, graphics card + SSD + RAM.

Now I bought a new case + a power supply.

My problem is I didn´t take out any of the cables (I was in a hurry and I don´t know anything). So I wanted to ask if anyone could point out what cables I need to buy to make it all connected again?

Intel i7-3770 3,4 GHz
8 gb Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
Asus P8H67 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Zalman S4 Kabinet (Newly bought - with cables)
Corsair CV450 Power supply - 450 Watt - 120 mm (Newly bought - with cables.

Attached is the old hardware I managed to bring along.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Izerous

Folding Team
Your case & power supply will have every cable your missing at this point. You have a data sata cable with the HDD already in the picture. Everything else comes either with the PSU or the case at this point.

I guess monitor cables but you don't have that mentioned.

Maeng

Thanks a lot! Well then I will just wait for my items to be shipped :D. Monitor is still something I am looking into!

moocow

Take this opportunity to clean and reapply the thermal paste between the heat sink and CPU. If you don't want to deal with thermal paste, get a Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut Thermal Pad. Just make sure you have the right size pad.

Maeng

Take this opportunity to clean and reapply the thermal paste between the heat sink and CPU. If you don't want to deal with thermal paste, get a Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut Thermal Pad. Just make sure you have the right size pad.
Thanks that was a very good tip!

draemn

Just a bit of added information, the only cables the motherboard will typically come with are SATA data cables (for hooking up things like your SSD/HDD) and (if these things still exist) a SLI bridge for dual graphics cards. Bonus: a small speaker (sometimes) for the POST beep when you boot your computer.

Latest posts

Twitter